Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Woman's Touch...


While I'm cleaning up my inbox, I thought I'd mention a recent cover album that was brought to my attention. Grammy award-winning songstress, Thelma Houston's first album in 17 years is an all-covers album called A Woman's Touch. Similar to something Tori Amos did a few years ago, Thelma recorded covers of songs all originally recorded by male artists. Unlike Tori Amo, however, these covers are in the vein of R&B, soul, 'n disco. Thelma is no stranger to covers. In fact, her 1977 #1 hit Don't Leave Me This Way was originally a hit for Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes.


You can listen to some of the album on myspace or her website.

Here's a Stones cover (not from this album, mind you):
Thelma Houston - Jumpin' Jack Flash [originally by The Rolling Stones]

No comments: