Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Total Eclipse of the Moon


Not sure what compelled me to watch this particular lunar eclipse. Maybe because my sister called me with enticing words like "total", "rare", and "red". So while I'm waiting, I'd figure I'd bide my time with a moon-themed post, covers and otherwise.

The Dan Band - Total Eclipse of the Heart [originally by Bonnie Tyler]
Skanatra - Fly Me to the Moon [made famous by Frank Sinatra]
Sexy Sadie - Moonage Daydream [originally by David Bowie]
Rasputina - Bad Moon Rising [originally by Creedence Clearwater Revival]

Red Shag Carpet - Hands Up on the Moon
A little Edmonton content for ya.

The Ditty Bops - Moon Over the Freeway
Everyone would probably be nicer if they listened to the Ditty Bops. And hey, I just looked at their site and they've got a new 5-song EP out! Sold. Damn, money flies when you're impulsive.

Squirrel Nut Zippers - Dancing on the Moon
I just can't get enough of the Squirrel Nut Zippers, which reminds me I have to put together that Calgary Folk Fest part 2 post someday. I hope the rumours are true and they start working on a new album soon!

Oops, I've got a couple more minutes before something noticeable should happen... This better be worth it!

No comments: