Monday, October 09, 2006

Some obscure Ben Folds tracks

For the record, What's Left of The Who still rocks and can sure show today's modern rockers a thing or two about putting on a show.
===================================

For any Ben Folds aficionados, I'm just going to rehash a posting I made on the boards at www.TheSuburbs.org.uk, a Ben Folds fansite in the UK. These are some non-Ben Folds tracks that are directly or indirectly related to Ben.

Butterfly Boucher - I'm Different
For the Ben Folds completist... I'm not sure how many people know about this track from the children's album For the Kids Too. Imagine my surprise when I read the liner notes and saw additional vocals by Louis & Gracie Folds, Ben's twins.

Rickie Lee Jones - Up a Lazy River [originally by Hoagy Carmichael]
Ben sings background vocals on this cover (for the ultimate version of this song check out Bobby Darin's!).

Rickie Lee Jones - Low Spark of High Heeled Boys [originally by Traffic]
Ben plays piano on this one.

Ben Lee - Brick (live)
One of the Bens covering another. I nicked this from the great music resource Live Music Archive

Darren Jessee - The Magic that Holds the Sky Up From the Ground
An acoustic guitar version by Darren, 1/3 of Ben Folds Five and the song's writer, of what would become Magic on BFF's The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner album.

No comments: