Monday, September 15, 2008

This Remix Will Rock You in the Head


Now that the Large Hadron Collider is chugging along and Greek hackers decided not to ruin the party, it's time to celebrate like it's a Fermilab pajama party!

neminem - Black Holes and Scientific Revelations
[remix of Alpinekat's Large Hadron Rap]

A reader who goes by the moniker neminem has produced the first remix (as far as I know) of Alpinekat's LHC Rap, brilliantly laid over Muse's Supermassive Black Hole. Clever, eh? The bar is certainly set high for future LHC remixes. The a capella vocal track comes directly from Alpinekat's own site, so definitely head over there if you've got your own remixing itch.

I don't have the know-how to do my own remixes, but might I suggest a potential sample:

KCPK - We Will Rock You [originally by Queen]
This is probably my favourite Queen cover, which I first heard in an Evian ad at a "World's Best Commercials" screening several years ago. Apparently it was a huge thing in Europe at the time with radio play and remixes. Now imagine it mashed with the LHC Rap. Yes, I can already hear it: "...the things that it discovers will rock you in the head-- rock you.... rock you... rock you"

No comments: