Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Covering CCR

I've been on a Creedence Clearwater Revival kick lately and that's as good a reason as any to share some good CCR covers. This may also have something to do with the recent 12-pack of CCR DLC for Rock Band (oodles of fun!) that's also spurred on the clearly corresponding revival of Creedence on the ol' iPod.

Girl Trouble - Commotion [originally by Creedence Clearwater Revival]
Shortstack - Commotion [originally by Creedence Clearwater Revival]
One of my favourite all-time CCR songs, the killer guitar intro gets me every time.

Chris Farlowe - As Long As I Can See the Light [originally by Creedence Clearwater Revival]
A sweet bluesy take on another one of my CCR favourites.

Maxine Weldon - Lodi [originally by Creedence Clearwater Revival]
Steve introduced me to this horn-infused Lodi cover in a Cover Freak post a couple months ago. I dig it a lot and it's worth revisiting.

Chicory Tip - Lodi [originally by Creedence Clearwater Revival]
Another solid Lodi cover.

James Last - Proud Mary [originally by Creedence Clearwater Revival]
James Last covers always make me chuckle at first, then I inevitably get caught up in their relentlessly upbeat singing and big band arrangements. Cheesy but awesome.

Dread Zeppelin - Born on the Bayou [originally by Creedence Clearwater Revival]
From The Fun Sessions, a Dread Zeppelin album of (gasp!) non-Zeppelin classic rock covers... but, of course, this cover of Born on the Bayou is anchored on the riff from Led Zeppelin's In the Light.

The Living End - Lookin' Out My Back Door (Live) [originally by Creedence Clearwater Revival]
A truncated live cover from the 2001 Lowlands Festival in the Netherlands.

1 comment:

Leopold Stotch said...

Oh man you should have featured the Leonard Nimoy/Mr Spock version of Proud Mary! lol.