Monday, March 09, 2009

Squirrel Nut Zippers Coming Soon!


This news is a couple weeks old, but in case you missed it the Squirrel Nut Zippers announced their first album since 2000's Bedlam Ballroom. The upcoming record is a live album called You Are My Radio, which features newly recorded live versions of tunes from the SNZ catalogue. No official release date yet, but you can check out the album site (hosted on Topspin) to listen to and download a live version of the instrumental track Memphis Exorcism. I can't find the exact mention of it anywhere, but I swear I read somewhere a studio album of new material is also due before the year is out.


Click Here!

One of my favourite all-time bands, SNZ reunited in late 2006 after several years off and have been basically touring since then. I was fortunate enough to meet them and see them perform in '07 when they came up for the Calgary Folk Fest. Ha, looking back at Part I of my sum-up post, it occurred to me that I never did finish writing part II. Basically, the doomed-to-blogger-draft-hell post involved me weaseling my way into the volunteers' after party to see the Squirrel Nut Zippers play again.

No comments: