Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rejoice!

The White Stripes - I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself
[originally by Burt Bacharach]

Jobless and out of university, the above song was my personal theme song for the past month... but I'm happy to report that in the last 24 hours I was offered two library-related jobs, both of which I accepted. The second call that came this morning was a shock since I thought I had bombed last week's interview and had been all but assured by external sources that I didn't get the job.

So, I'm in a jolly good mood right now. I've taken to walking with a spring in my step, a goofy grin on my face, and with this song on my ongoing personal soundtrack:
Bobby Darin - Don't Rain on my Parade


This song also came to mind: Wax - Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy [originally from Ren & Stimpy]

No comments: