Impending cover album alert! Miami pop band The Postmarks are releasing a cover album, By the Numbers, which will feature covers of number-related songs. I'm looking forward to this after inadvertently stumbling upon their cover of You Only Live Twice while searching for Bond covers (uh, blatant post foreshadowing). That cover along with Bowie's Five Years, Antonio Carlos Jobim's One Note Samba, and more were available for free on eMusic as they were being released each month. Don't bother checking, they've been removed in anticipation of the new album. I didn't realize the full story until Stereogum's Gum Drop newsletter arrived last week with a mini-interview of The Postmarks. The big revelation for me was that the
penultimate last track on the album is the Pinball Number Count! As regular readers will know, I'm a little obsessed with that song.
1. One Note Samba [Antonio Carlos Jobim]
2. You Only Live Twice [Nancy Sinatra]
3. Three Little Birds [Bob Marley]
4. OX4 [Ride]
5. Five Years [David Bowie]
6. Six Different Ways [The Cure]
7. 7-11 [The Ramones]
8. Eight Miles High [The Byrds]
9. Nine Million Rainy Days [The Jesus & Mary Chain]
10. Slaughter On Tenth Avenue [Ray Rodgers]
11. 11:59 [Blondie]
12. Pinball Number Count [The Pointer Sisters]
Release date? 11/11.