Thursday, June 21, 2007

Just Dropped In (Again)

A couple more versions for you. Here's where the definition of a cover song gets muddled... Originally written by Mickey Newbury. First recorded by Jerry Lee Lewis. Made famous by Kenny Rogers and the First Edition. My instinct is Mickey Newbury. Composer or first recording? There are convincing arguments for both sides, but my head hurts just thinking about it. On to the originals!

Mickey Newbury - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
Jerry Lee Lewis - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
Kenny Rogers and the First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)

and another cover for good measure:
Willie Nelson - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) [originally by ...?]

After listening to all these versions, I've concluded that this song can do no wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy could you please re up please? Macho Garcias!