Sunday, April 15, 2007

Everybody Digs a Swingin' Cat


In the past month, a couple people have actually taken up my half-hearted request for charming cat stories (see sidebar). At first I was a little baffled since I had written up that sidebar note back when I started the blog and kinda forgot about it. But hey, it's a pleasant surprise to find charming cat stories in my inbox so I'm not complaining. Fittingly, one of my favourite Disney songs is from The Aristocats and luckily there have been a few covers of it, though none matching the back alley cat energy of the original, mind you.

The Original
Ev'rybody Wants To Be a Cat

The Covers
Psapp
Michelle Shocked
Michelle Nicastro
Hellanbach
Steve Tyrell
Brian Setzer

[EDIT: 4/15/07 9:03pm] I just got my hands on this awesome live big band cover by the Claude Bolling Big Band. Check it out!

Anyone who'd rather be a dog can get their cover fix over here (think: The Stooges).

No comments: