Saturday, October 22, 2005

O Oilers, why doth thou suck?

Oilers lost.
Again.

It's so depressing, I can barely muster up the strength to be mad.

We started the season with a promising 3 straight wins before dropping the next 6, punctuated by a humiliating 7-1 loss last night to the hated Colorado Avalanche.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!

About three or four years ago, the Oilers either broke or were on the verge of breaking a team-record 9 or 10 game losing streak. [EDIT: I just read a newspaper blurb that said it was a 9 game losing streak in the 1994/95 season... so my concept of time is a little off.] At the time, I cobbled together my own personal Oilers Slump Song as a sort of mental rallying call. So I guess it's an appropriate time to un-retire this little ditty in order to appease the vengeful hockey spirits.

Oilers Slump Song by me
[borrows from Simpsons, Zombies, Cardigans, Police, Network, Who, Queen, WDVE, Zeppelin, Beatles, & Ramones]

No comments: